Posting - A First For Me

I suppose blogging has been around for a while. For me, it is a new endeavor. Big Brothers Big Sisters is the topic of this blog, so it's probably not relevant for me to talk about how I got rained on this morning (yay, for finally getting some rain in Austin!), how my cat scratched my leg (she is especially playful in the mornings), or the speeding ticket I got yesterday (speeding is bad).
I would like to mention, however, that Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Texas served more than 1,300 children last year and we are working tirelessly to move that number closer and closer to our 5,000 goal. As our numbers go up, so does the size of our staff. We are currently 31 strong in our Tillery Street office and bursting at the seams with eager, hard working individuals who strive to make Central Texas a better place, one child at a time.
Iit is becoming even more important to make sure that each and everyday we are able to touch the life of a child in a positive and consistent way so that they can grow up stronger, more confident, and better equipped to make good decisions for themselves. We encourage everyone out there to get involved in their community, their neighborhood schools, and support those organizations that strive to reach, not just some, but all of the children in Central Texas. Hopefully, this blog will help motivate you, entertain you, and inspire you to help BBBS do just that.
Also, I did get rained on this morning.
All the best,
Amanda - Marketing Associate, BBBS

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home